This meal is one of my go-to meals, it’s fast,filling and delicious. Ok, it’s not all that fast but to make it fast I pre-dice my veggies ahead of time so I just have to toss them in when I’m ready. I came across this from Pinterest which lead me to a blog called SLP where I got this amazing keeper of a recipe. I hope you enjoy her recipe as much as we did. I tweaked it a bit but you can find her original post here.
You will need:
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup of cooked chickpeas
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large beefsteak tomato,diced
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1/2 box of pasta (half of a 16oz box that is, so 8oz of pasta)
- Heat oil in pan, add sweet potatoes and onions and cook until onions are translucent.
- Add chickpeas, garlic,ginger, parsley, basil, salt & pepper and tomatoes to the pot and cook for five minutes on medium to medium high heat covered.
- Add the stock and pasta and cook until your pasta is done and tender, this took me about 10 min.
I used dry chickpeas that I had soaked and cooked myself.
I used homemade vegetable stock.
In this picture I used a white sweet potato because I accidentally bought the wrong ones at the grocery store.
I used two different types of pasta because I had half of each box left and I needed to use them up.